Work is underway to build 37 affordable rent homes and eight shared ownership homes across Coventry.
WM Housing Group, which will soon become Citizen, is working in partnership with principal contractor Seddon Construction to build the properties.
The builds will be split across four sites including Belgrave, Overdale, Edwin Rogers and Harry Stanley.
Once built, the homes will bring great benefits to customers including high quality build standards.
Work on the homes is set to be finished by January 2020.
The developments include:
- Located on Attoxhall Road in Wyken – about 2.6 miles from Coventry City Centre.
- 10 homes are set to be built on the site
- The site is being developed in a residential area which already has a convenience store, park, several primary schools and nearby cycle paths will encourage residents to use sustainable transport. The site was formerly occupied by a sheltered housing scheme
- Homes built on the site at Overdale Road will replace 30 garages which have been knocked down.
- Nine homes are planned for the site.
- There is a medical centre, shops and primary schools in close distance of the site which has good connections to both Coventry and Birmingham.
- This site is located on Wendiburgh Street in Canley, Coventry, and there are many community facilities near by which include a convenience store, medical centre and post office.
- The 11 new builds will replace sheltered housing which has been demolished on the site.
- The Harry Stanley development is based in Armfield Street in the north-eastern quadrant of Coventry and is just three miles from the city centre.
- Belgrave, Harry Stanley and Edwin Rogers developments had shared bathing facilities before they closed and were no longer considered fit for purpose.
- 15 residential homes are set to be built at the site.
Executive Director of Development at WM Housing, Nick Byrne, says the work is continuing at the four sites.
He said: “Work is well underway on these schemes and each development will bring more affordable family homes to Coventry as part of our ongoing programme.
“Family homes in Coventry are in high demand, with a large waiting list in the area these 45 homes will help ease some of that demand. Our shared ownership homes will give first time buyers an opportunity to get on to the housing ladder.
“The homes are also being built to a high-quality standard which will mean low energy bills for the new customers.
“We’re looking forward to completing the scheme by early next year.”