Keep warm and keep well
- Keep warm to prevent colds, flu or more serious health conditions such as heart attacks, strokes and pneumonia.
- Remember to have a free health check if you are aged 40-74.
- Stop smoking with free NHS support. Find out practical, quick and simple steps you can take NOW to quit successfully.
Read more on how to keep warm and well this winter.
Banish winter tiredness
Many people feel tired and sluggish during winter due to the lack of sunlight which disrupts our sleep. Try these tips:
- Get outdoors in natural daylight as much as possible.
- Get a good night’s sleep – go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
- De-stress with exercise or meditation as stress has been shown to make you feel tired.
Read more ways to wipe out winter tiredness.
When it’s cold and dark outside, it can be tempting to fill up on unhealthy comfort food. However, it’s important to ensure you still have a healthy diet.
Find recipes for 10 warming hot meals.
Boost your mood, your immune system and stay in shape. Read more about the different types of exercise for all the family to enjoy.
For more information and advice visit www.nhs.uk/staywell
Call 111 if you need NHS medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency.
Contact your GP or local pharmacist for less urgent health needs.