Complaints and customer feedback

We aim to give our customers the best service we can, but we know that sometimes things go wrong. If you have a complaint please let us know so that we can put things right. This will not only help you, but other customers too, as we will use your feedback to help us to improve our services. If you make a complaint, you won’t be treated less favourably in the future.

We will investigate a complaint when it is reported;

  • we failed to do something we should have done;
  • we did something we shouldn’t have done;
  • we failed to provide the quality or frequency of service we have said we will.

You can make a complaint if you are:

  • A tenant or leaseholder of ours.
  • Applying for a house with us.
  • Any other person or organisation affected by our services.

Complaints made on social media will not be automatically logged. You will need to make contact with us by phone, email or at an office.

We will aim to put right any issue within 3 days of you making the complaint.

If the issue is more complicated it may take up to 10 working days. This is what we call a formal complaint. All complaints are recorded and dealt with in confidence. We will write to you confirm we have received your complaint within 3 working days. We will give you a reference number, the name of the officer dealing with your complaint and their contact details.

If there is a delay we will let you know and tell you when you should expect a response. Our aim is that no investigation should take longer than 28 days.

You may receive a visit or telephone call to help us with the investigation. When the investigation is complete we will write to you to let you know the outcome.

If you:

  • Are asking for a service from us (for example, if your heating has broken down and you want it repaired).
  • Want information about our services.
  • Want to talk to us about a problem with your neighbour or another resident living on your estate.

Please contact the customer service centre about these issues to find out how we can help.

All complaints will be considered, unless:

  • A complaint is already going through a court or tribunal.
  • A complainant is acting in an unreasonable manner (we are using our unreasonable behaviour procedure)
  • We suspect or have evidence that the complaint is based on false information.

If you need to you can ask a friend or family member, to complain on your behalf. We will need signed confirmation from you that you are happy for them to act on your behalf.

If you aren’t satisfied with the outcomes of your complaint you can take further action. You have the right to refer your complaint to an independent designated person. This is either a local councillor, MP or a recognised tenant panel.

They will talk to us and try to agree a solution. They can also refer the complaint straight to the Housing Ombudsman if you agree.

If they do not act you can contact the Housing Ombudsman yourself. There must be at least 8 weeks from the end of our complaint process before the Housing Ombudsman can
consider your complaint.

Housing Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
Harbour Exchange Square
E14 9GE

Tel: 0300 111 3000 (Lines are open Monday – Friday 09:15 – 17:15)
Fax: 020 7831 1942

You should follow our procedure to the end before you take your complaint elsewhere. The Housing Ombudsman Service agrees with this.

We will learn from complaints to help improve our services. We will report on complaints in our Annual Report to customers.

We are always looking for ways to improve our services. The views of our customers are a very important to us.  If you have constructive comments or suggestions that you think would improve our services please tell us.

You can make a comment, compliment or suggestion by:

  • Visiting any one of our offices
  • Writing to us at WM Housing Group, 4040 Lakeside, Solihull Parkway, Birmingham B37 7YN.
  • Calling us on 0300 7906 555

Let us know if it is compliment, comment or suggestion.

All compliments, comments and suggestions will be considered. We may not be able to use all of the suggestions but we will keep them for future use. If your suggestion is adopted, we will let you to know how your ideas will be used.

Print this page